RBR GUIDANCE UPDATE
- Fourth marking period interim reports are now available by logging into Genesis Parent Portal. Any questions or concerns can be directed to teachers or by contacting the Guidance Department. The last day of the fourth marking period is June 13th. Final Exams will start on June 14th - June 19th.
- Throughout the first three weeks of May, all students enrolled in an Advanced Placement (AP) and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) course will be completing exams. For more information, please follow the link for AP exams or IB exams. For specifics on testing at RBR, please contact the Guidance Office.
- Thanks to the overwhelming support graduating seniors receive from the local RBR community; there are still local scholarships to apply to through Family Connection (Naviance). Most remaining scholarships for Fall 2017 have deadlines that are fast approaching! For any specific questions on particular scholarship opportunities, please contact Ms. McLaughlin in Guidance.
- On May 25th, through the Brookdale Early Bird Program, the RBR Guidance Department will take students to Brookdale for a tour and course registration. After completing the Early Bird program, the only step remaining is completion of the FAFSA and tuition payment. Permissions slips are now overdue to Guidance Office.
- Attention all Class of 2017 Graduates: The Senior Graduation Survey is available by logging into your Family Connection (Naviance) account. In addition, all seniors must provide copies of their college acceptance and scholarship letters to RBR Guidance. All scholarships and awards are noted in the graduation program, even those awarded by schools your child has decided not to attend. We depend on you for this information. Seniors are expected to complete this survey by June 1st.
- The RBR Guidance Office is pleased to offer two programs during Summer 2017 to help prepare for college. The Summer College Application Workshop will help rising seniors to get a head start on completing up to three college applications prior to September. The August SAT Prep Course will provide three weeks of support to rising juniors and seniors in being ready for the first ever August SAT. Both programs cost $100 per student. Space is limited and scholarships are available. Stop down to Guidance to sign up and for more information.
- The NJ Biology Competency Test will be administered this year on May 31st and June 1st to all students enrolled in a Biology course during the 2016-17 school year. Students should check for their testing locations outside of Guidance and in the Commons. Any questions, please contact the Guidance Office
- The Annual AP/IB Fair will be taking place in the Media Center during MOD1&MOD2 on June 12th and 13th. The information fair is designed to provide essential information to rising AP/IB students via group meetings with the teacher and distribution of summer assignments, the course syllabus, sign-up sheet for online programs, etc.
- RBRHS and The BUC Backer Foundation will be postponing the Career Fair (previously scheduled for May 24th) until the 17/18 school year. If you have any questions or if you operate a local business interested in participating next school year, please contact Mr. Sabino in the Guidance Office.