September 14 Update for Families and StudentsPosted by Jeremy Milonas on 9/14/2020
Dear Students and Families,
We are looking forward to welcoming you in-person this week. We also wanted to update a few items.
- Many classes today experienced difficulty in using Google Meet and other platforms. We have done an evaluation of our system and everything appears to be working properly. In light of the fact that the issue affected schools throughout the region, we believe the problem is linked to Google. We will update everyone as soon as possible.
- The “homeroom” period in the hybrid schedule will be in the same classroom as Block 1 classes. Remember not to arrive at school before 7:30 AM.
- Cohort 2 will be in-person tomorrow, September 15. Cohort 1 will be in-person on Thursday.
- Remember to sign up for RBR Parent Portal. We use the Portal for all important notifications and information throughout the school year. The link to sign up can be found here: https://forms.gle/w6FPSqyzBNrKQFzP7.
- All students must check their school emails regularly for important information and bring their charged Chromebook to school. On in-person days, students will access the health screen form through their school email.
- Please contact classroom teachers about issues with Google Classroom sign up. Guidance cannot assist with this issue.
We will be updating our student success guidelines and checklist. Please review it regularly for updates. All the best to everyone for a great opening and a successful school year. I know we will all continue to do our part to keep everyone safe and healthy.
September 9 Superintendent Update/Priority Items.Posted by Dr. Louis Moore on 9/9/2020
Dear Students and Families,
I am writing to provide a final update before we start school on Thursday, September 10. Please review this information so we can all do our part to ensure a smooth and safe start to the academic year. More detailed information can be found here to assist everyone and support student success.
- All students will be full remote starting Thursday, September 10, until Monday, September 14. In-person instruction will begin on Tuesday, September 15.
- Meal pick up for all students will take place on Thursday, September 10, at the main entrance of the school from 8:00 am - 9:00 am. Please have proof of enrollment at RBR (such as student ID number) when you arrive to pick up the meals. Please complete this Google Form for your meal options by 5 pm , Wednesday, September 9.
- Students should not arrive at school before 7:30 AM for in-person learning. Access to the building before 7:30 will be restricted.
- Whether attending school virtually or in-person, students are expected to adhere to all conduct policies as outlined in the student handbook. All students will participate in a review of these policies during the first days of school.
- Students must wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times when in the building and maintain social distancing parameters. (Bandanas, gaiters, or handkerchiefs are NOT substitutes for masks.)
- Everyone must enter through the front entrance and will pass through the temperature screen checkpoints. In addition, families will complete a symptom checklist for each day that students attend in-person.
- All students must check their school emails regularly for important information and bring their Chromebook to school. Students at home will receive an email to their RBR student account containing information about logging into their classes remotely.
RBR Parent Portal. Sign-up for the Portal can easily be accessed through your computer or RBR Chromebook. We use the Portal for all important notifications and information throughout the school year. The link to sign up can be found here: https://forms.gle/w6FPSqyzBNrKQFzP7.
Students schedules have been available in Genesis portal since Monday, August 31. You may address questions and concerns to our guidance office at ext. 214/251 or contact your child's guidance counselor.
All students are expected to return books and materials from last year as soon as possible. You can bring these items to the main entrance area between 8 AM and 3 PM. Please try and do this not later than Monday, September 14.
The revised district calendar for 2020-21 can be found here on our website.
All the best to everyone for a great opening and a successful school year. I know we will all do our part to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Important Information For School Opening WeekPosted by Dr. Louis Moore on 8/27/2020Dear Students and Families,I am writing to provide important updates about our school opening week. Please review this information so we can all do our part to ensure a smooth and safe start to the academic year.Students schedules will be available on Monday, August 31. You may address questions and concerns to our guidance office at ext. 250/251 starting Wednesday, September 2 or contact your child's guidance counselor. (Please note that the building will be closed on Friday, September 4.)The revised district calendar for 2020-21 can be found here on our website. The important changes are listed below:
These links contain important information for you to review before the start of school:Principal's Opening Bulletin (contains important information and updates, including Cohort Assignments for the Hybrid Schedule)It has been a tough time for all us, and as you can imagine, preparing for the opening of school has been especially challenging. I want to extend my gratitude to everyone--RBR staff, our community, and families--for all they've done to make this possible. Stay safe everyone and enjoy the remaining days of summer.Sincerely,Louis MooreSuperintendentRed Bank Regional
- Tuesday, September 8 and Wednesday, September 9 are now in-service days for staff.
- Back to School Night will be remote and is scheduled for Tuesday, September 22.
- The first return day for students will be Thursday, September 10. Please see the Principal's Bulletin below for details.
- Monday, October 12 will be a regular school day for students.
- As per NJ DOE rules for the 2020-21 school year, November 3 (election day) will be a remote learning day for all students.
Community Hybrid Instruction Information Session August 25thPosted by Dr. Louis Moore on 8/19/2020
Dear RBR Families,
On Tuesday, August 25 we will be hosting an information session on teaching and learning within the hybrid schedule. See below for times and for a link to sign-in if you wish to participate remotely. Whether or not you plan on attending, you may submit questions using this form. The session will be recorded and shared on our website as a resource for RBR families and students. We hope you can join us!
Community Hybrid Instruction Information Session August 25th at 1:00 PM (English)
Estimadas familias de RBR,
El martes 25 de agosto organizaremos una sesión informativa sobre enseñanza y aprendizaje dentro del horario híbrido. Consulte a continuación los horarios y un enlace para iniciar sesión si desea participar de forma remota. Independientemente de si planea asistir o no, puede enviar preguntas utilizando este formulario. La sesión se grabará y compartirá en nuestro sitio web como un recurso para las familias y los estudiantes de RBR. ¡Esperamos que pueda unirse a nosotros!
Sesión de información sobre instrucción híbrida comunitaria en español. 25 de agosto de 2020 2:30 PM (Espanol)
Michael Miello Appointed Interim Athletic DirectorPosted by Dr. Louis Moore on 7/8/2020
On June 30 the Red Bank Regional Board of Education approved Mr. Michael Miello to serve as Interim Athletic Director. Over the coming weeks, Mr. Miello will be working with Del Dal Pra, Denise Jadevaia, Christina Emrich and our coaches to ensure we make a smooth transition into the fall season and continue to respond appropriately to the health crisis. Mr. Miello has extensive experience serving as an AD, teacher, and coach. He also coached at the college level—as an Assistant Football Coach at Rutgers and Head Football Coach at William Paterson. Mike is excited to join the RBR team and we are equally excited to have him join us.