Critical Update Nov. 4
Posted by Dr. Louis Moore on 11/4/2020
November 4, 2020
Dear Families and Students,
On October 30 and November 2, I reported that four students had tested positive for COVID-19 in our school, indicating that the virus may be spreading in our communities. We have worked with the Monmouth County Health Commission to share updated information, assess the situation, and take appropriate action to maximize everyone’s health and safety.
There continues to be no no evidence of community transmission of the virus within our school. However to minimize the risk of possible spread, the Health Commission has reevaluated their position and advised me this afternoon to suspend all in-person instruction and activities, including athletics, until Friday, November 13.
I realize that this news is unsettling and disruptive. However, it is my hope that by taking this preventative action we can avoid further spread of the virus and additional disruptions to our in-person programs.
Everyone’s ongoing vigilance is critical to reducing the spread of the virus. Please continue following the Centers for Disease Control Prevention safeguards:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing;
- Wearing masks;
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
Thank you for your support and continued efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy.